There are several pieces that make up Aang's design that we find pretty cool. One of these is the belt. So, in this post, we will be taking the first steps in making the belt for our Avatar: The Last Air Bender cosplay!
Creating a Sash Belt Using CosBond Attach & Build: Part 1
- First, make a pattern for your belt (we started with a straight line and added an arrow point design).
- Fold your pattern in half, and cut it out.
- With it folded in half, trace your pattern onto your fabric.
- Pin your pieces together, and then cut them out with about ½ inch around the entire piece. Sew the two sides together.
- Use the same pattern to cut out a bigger back panel.
- Fold the fabric in half, and pin the pieces together. Cut this out with about ½ inch around the entire piece.
- Trace and cut out several strips of CosBond’s Attach & Build. Peel and stick these around the edges of the back panel.
- Then, peel and fold the edges over.
- Place Attach & Build all around the edges of the front panel, and down the center.
- Now, peel the strips and carefully stick the front panel to the back. Iron these two pieces together to give them a better hold.
And, just like that, we're finished with our front sash. Stay tuned as we finish the rest of our belt!