In the final part of our Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay series, we're finishing off our sash belt with a glowing arrow. In this step-by-step tutorial, we will use CosBond Attach & Build and Wire Manager to place LEDs and make our arrow glow.
Creating a Glowing Arrow with CosBond
- First, measure the length of the arrow, and create a pattern for it.
- Cut your pattern out with it folded in half.
- Trace your pattern out onto some buckram, and cut that out.
- Now, trace your arrow onto the outside fabric. Cut it out with about half an inch on the outside (in order to wrap it around the buckram.)
- Now, trace out strips of CosBond Attach & Build. Peel and stick these to your buckram.
- Then, peel and stick your fabric to the center.
- Begin wrapping your fabric around the arrow.
- Next, we can use CosBond Wire Manager to add LED wire to the inside of the arrow. Cut the Wire Manager, and stick it around your LED wire. Cut it into smaller pieces for the end of the arrow.
- Use Attach & Build to stick your arrow to the sash. Place the wiring through the sash and around the back.
Now, not only are we finished with our sash, but also our gender-bent Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay series. Thanks for following along; stay tuned for many more cosplay tutorials!